Next week, the Explore Mars organization is putting on the their Humans to Mars (H2M) Summit. It’s an annual get together to explore where we’re at with getting people to the Red Planet. Thanks to COVID-19, this year it is entirely virtual, and WeMartians is going to covering the event live – from home, of course!
Check out the details below for information about the event and what we’re covering! You can register by clicking this button if you want to attend yourself!
H2M always attracts some great speakers, and some of the talks we’re particularly excited about this year include:
- Camille Allyene (Deputy Manager, Commercial Lunar Payload Services, NASA)
- Joe Cassady (Executive Director, Space, Aerojet Rocketdyne and past guest)
- Kathy Lueders (Associate Administrator for Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate, NASA)
- Lori Glaze (Director, Planetary Science Division, NASA)
- Tanya Harrison (Manager, Science Programs, Planet Federal and three time past guest)
- Tim Cichan (Space Exploration Technology Architect, Lockheed Martin)
You can see the full list of speakers here.
Explore Mars likes to engage in technology, science, and culture of human missions to Mars. Here are some of the sessions we’re most excited about. All times in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
- Leadership Perspectives On Diversity And Inclusion: An Exchange Of African-American Stories And Experiences (Monday, Aug 31, 2PM)
- Influencing Mars: Utilizing Social Media To Get Humans To Mars (Monday, Aug 31, 7PM) – Jake is on this panel!
- Surface Power On The Moon And Mars (Tuesday, Sep 1, 2PM)
- Mars Needs Women (Wednesday, Sep 2, 10:40AM)
- Building Sustainable Missions To The Moon And Mars: Results From The 7Th Mars Achievability And Sustainability Workshop (Wednesday, Sep 2, 12:00PM)
- Maintaining Political Momentum (Thursday, Sep 3, 2PM)
You can see the full agenda here.
Jake is participating in one panel at the conference called Influencing Mars along with Kenny Harris, Athena Brensberger and Alyssa Carson. We’ll be talking about how Social Media helps spread the message of space exploration.
We’ll be live tweeting throughout the event, so keep an eye on our Twitter feed to get all the latest updates.
Following the event we’ll have a special podcast with our favourite highlights and interviews.
If you’re a Patron – keep an eye on your special Patreon RSS feed where I’ll be recording daily quick updates on the event to cover all of my highlights that don’t make it in to the main show! And it’s not too late to join the Patreon to get access to these bonus podcasts!
So join us as we take stock of where the progress of Humans on Mars is and what we need to do next!