Happy August, Martians!
Thanks to all the Patrons who’ve pledged support already. We’re 55% of the way to our first goal of $150/month in order to upgrade the Podcast’s services and equipment. Click the link to the right if you’d like to join the growing number of Martians who help support the exploration of Mars.
It occurs to me that we missed the June highlights so I’ll include them here, too.
- Bonus Content – Episode 25 (Abbie Hutty) – All Patrons got to experience an additional 7 minutes of audio from our guest Abbie Hutty. I talked to Abbie about what she thought of Schiaparelli’s crash on to the Martian surface and how it might affect the ExoMars rover.
- Bonus Content – Episode 26 (Remembering Pathfinder) – Our much-celebrated audio documentary about the NASA Mars Pathfinder mission comes with a huge amount of bonus content. Every Patron gets access to the complete uncut interview with Brian Muirhead, Donna Shirley and Matt Golombek, All told, it’s around 75 minutes of interview audio to get the full story of this amazing mission.
- Third Quarterly Chat Announced – Lander- and Rover-level patrons get access to a quarterly chat session with me and the rest of their patrons. We announced the third such event, happening August 13.
- Bonus Content – “Off the Cuff” – Dead Dragon – I shared almost 20 minutes of my thoughts on Elon Musk’s announcement that Red Dragon had been cancelled. Available to all Patrons.
- Bonus Content RSS Feed Live Now – To make it easier to access all the bonus content, Patrons now get access to a private RSS feed so they can listen to the content in their podcatcher of choice. Simply log in to Patreon and copy the link on the right to your app!