It’s June and we’re off down the path of the next Patreon goal!
Thanks to all the Patrons who’ve pledged support already. We’re 55% of the way to our first goal of $150/month in order to upgrade the Podcast’s services and equipment. Click the link to the right if you’d like to join the growing number of Martians who help support the exploration of Mars.
Read more below for a summary of the Patreon highlights in May.
- Patreon Goal Discussion – Patrons were invited to see my plans for the next Patreon goal of $150 and join in a discussion about what should be a part of it. This is a listener funded show and so the listeners should have a say in its direction! Check it out to learn more about our future direction and help us decide what we should do!
- Episode 23 Listener Content – As a Rover-level patron, Jorge had his question read on the show for Frances Butcher, our guest for Episode 23. Jorge asked about the possibilities for robotic and human exploration of a Martian esker.
- Bonus Audio – Episode 23 (Frances Butcher) – All Patrons got to experience an additional 6 minutes of audio from our guest Frances Butcher, who talked about her experiences at the ExoMars 2020 Rover landing site selection committee in Europe. Europe first Mars rover is set to land in 2021 and will be exciting mission that we hope to learn more about soon on this show.
- Quarterly Chat – Lander Level Patrons were entitled to attend our 2nd quarterly chat, which is an interactive session where listeners can provide feedback on the podcast and we can generate ideas together. This quarter we unfortunately didn’t have anyone attend – I’ll take the blame myself for scheduling it on Mother’s Day! The next chat will be in August so stay tuned!
- Bonus Audio – Episode 24 (Leonard David) – All Patrons got to experience an additional 10 minutes of audio from our guest Leonard David, who talked about the Mars Underground. The Mars Underground was a group of Mars enthusiasts from the late 70s and early 80s who began a conference called “The Case For Mars Conference”. Much of their work was built on to create organizations like the Mars Society and podcasts like this one!